Charlbury is a Cotswold Market Town with a Charter granted by King Henry III in 1256. The original market place was in Church Street but nowadays there is too much traffic and street closure is not an option. The Playing Close is a superb location and the Trustees of Thomas Gifford’s Charity (the landowner) has agreed that Charlbury farmers’ markets can take place there.
All the produce comes from within a 50 mile radius of Charlbury and complies with TVFMC rules.
There are also local stalls that promote Charlbury’s many activities such as the annual Street Fair, Beer Festival and Children’s Playgroup.